1. Who we are
You can contact us at:
15 Oakwood Hill Industrial Estate
Movex is part of the Cox Automotive UK group of companies. The Cox Automotive UK Group consists of the companies listed below.
- Cox Automotive UK Ltd
- Cox Automotive Retail Solutions Ltd
- Manheim UK Ltd
- NextGear Capital Ltd
- Motors.co.uk Ltd
- Dealer Auction Ltd
- Money4yourmotors.com Ltd
- Movex Logistics Ltd
- Kingfisher Systems Ltd
- RMS Automotive
- Modix UK Ltd
If you wish to contact our Head of Privacy & Data Protection, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What we do with your personal information
We may collect personal information from you (such as name, username, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, proof of ID)
when you complete registration or enquiry forms or send emails to us as well as via job information generated on the site such as collection
or delivery addresses.
Furthermore, we may record any telephone calls made to telephone numbers included on the Site. If you are a transport company we will also
hold your bank details.
Further information on the use of data is set out below.
- We process personal data for the purposes of administering your account with us, to provide you with the products or services you have requested and to enable us to contact you about changes to those products and services.
- Given the nature of our service, we collect certain personal data such as proof of insurance to reduce business risk.
- If you apply for credit on your Movex account, we will undertake necessary checks with credit reference agencies to asses lending risk.
- We collect personal data generated as a result of your use of our service, such as customer comments, records of emails or telephone calls. This information is used for audit purposes and to help us improve our service.
- We also use your personal data to send you by electronic means including email, telephone and text message.
- We also collect details of your insurance cover and may collect proof of ID and proof of address.
- When your insurance details are due for renewal, we will pass those details to an insurance broker, Finch Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd, who may contact you about your renewal requirements.
- We also use personal data to analyse use of our website for trends.
Movex processes your personal information on the following grounds:
- We process personal data on the grounds that it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Movex for the use of the Movex platform.
- Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes using electronic methods (telephone, email, fax and text message) we do so on the basis of having obtained your opt-in consent. You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us and letting us know.
- Where we process your personal data to send email marketing, it is done on the basis of us pursuing legitimate interests. Marketing is a legitimate interest of commercial organisations. Your privacy rights are not unduly affected by this because you still have the right to opt out of this (see ‘Your Rights’ below).
- Where we process your personal data for audit purposes, or for the purposes of analysing use of our site or service improvements, we do this on the basis of legitimate interests. It is in our legitimate interests to retain information such as customer comments to enable us to identify issues and concerns people have with the service they have been provided. It is also generally in our legitimate interest to retain emails and telephone recordings as an audit log of our interactions with you.
- Where we share your personal data with insurance brokers, we do this on the basis of you have provided opt in consent to us passing your details on for this purpose.
3. Disclosures and Transfers
Movex will pass your personal information on to the following recipients:
- Staff working for Movex
- Finch Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd
- Your personal information may also be shared with auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing or advising us on our business operations.
- Regardless of your relationship to us, we co-operate with law enforcement agencies, as well as other third parties, to assist in the enforcement of laws. We may disclose any personal information about you to such law enforcement or other government officials as we believe necessary or appropriate in connection with any investigation by such law enforcement agencies or other government officials.
- In the event of a dispute between users of the Movex platform with regards to a job will provide support. Where this cannot resolve the issue and either side wishes to take the matter up directly with the other, we will provide the necessary contact details to the relevant parties.
- We may transfer, sell or assign any of the personal information described in this Policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business (or any part of our group).
- We also use Amazon AWS to host our platform. As such, personal data is passed to Amazon in order for it to be stored on their cloud servers. These servers are located in the EU.
- We may inform other members of the Cox Automotive UK Group that you are a Movex customer.
- We use Pulse Smartdebit, a third party company, to handle direct debit.
4. Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information Movex processes relating to you. Where you exercise these rights, Movex will provide information to you as to what action has been taken, if any, within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request. Where no action has been taken, Movex will explain our reasons why.
Taking into account the complexity and number of requests, it may take Movex up to 90 calendar days to respond to your request. Where Movex intend to extend the deadline for responding, you will be informed within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request.
4.1 Right of Access
You have the right to request access to the personal information that Movex hold about you.
4.2 Rights in relation to inaccurate personal information
Where personal information that Movex holds about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that those inaccuracies are rectified. Taking into account the purposes for which the personal information is processed, you also have the right to have incomplete personal information about you completed.
4.3 Right to erasure
In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to request that Movex erase personal information relating to you that Movex hold. This right only applies if any one of the following circumstances applies:
- Where Movex no longer require the personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained or otherwise used.
- Where the processing is based on your consent, that consent has been withdrawn and there is no other legal ground for processing.
- Where you have exercised your right to object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Where you have exercised your right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Where the personal information have been unlawfully processed.
- Where Movex are required to erase the personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
The right does not apply where the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- For compliance with a legal obligation requiring Movex to process your personal information or where the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
4.4 Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that Movex restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have contested the accuracy of the personal information. In this case the processing of the personal information will be restricted for a period which enables Movex to verify the accuracy of the personal information in question.
- Where the processing of the personal information is unlawful and you have objected to the information being erased and have instead requested the restriction of its use.
- Where Movex no longer needs the personal information for the purposes set out in part 2 above but you require them for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
- Where you have objected to the processing of your personal information as set out in section 3.6.1 below. In this case, processing of your personal information will be restricted pending verification of whether our legitimate grounds for continuing to process your personal information override your grounds for objecting.
Where processing of your personal information is restricted for any of the reasons above Movex will not process it, with the exception of storage, unless:
- You have provided your consent,
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims,
- For the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or
- For reasons of important public interest.
Where Movex have agreed to restrict the processing of your personal information, we will write to you to inform you that we will be lifting that restriction prior to doing so.
4.5 Right to data portability
This right only applies in the following circumstances:
- Where the personal information in question consists of information you have provided to Movex
- Where the grounds for processing the personal information stated in section 2 above are consent, explicit consent or for the performance of a contract or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and
- The processing of the personal information is carried via automated means.
Where this right applies, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to transmit that information to another data controller or, where possible, directly from Movex to another controller.
4.6 Right to object to processing
You have the following rights in relation to objecting to the processing of your personal information by Movex:
- You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing, and
- The right to object specifically to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
4.6.1 Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation. This only applies where the grounds for processing are:
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by a third party, or
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
4.6.2 Right to object to processing for the purposes of direct marketing
You have the right to object specifically to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing. If you object to the processing of your personal information in this way, then Movex will no longer process it for that purpose.
4.7 Rights in relation to automated decision making & profiling
You have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which would legally affect you or significantly affect you. However, this right will not apply if the decision:
- Is necessary for the entering into, or performance of, a contract for use of the Movex Platform between you and Movex
- Is authorised by or under any law to which Movex is subject, or
- Is based on your explicit consent.
4.8 Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Where you believe that Movex has failed to properly comply with its obligations in respect of your personal information, including your rights as set out in section 3.1-3.7 above, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
The Information Commissioner’s Office’s address is:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
You can find more information about their role and how to submit a complaint on their website: www.ico.org.uk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website